Monday, October 30, 2017
How to Throw an Autumnal Party, FrDrDr Style
1. Realize you didn't fire up your charcoal grill all summer AND that you have s'mores fixings left over from someone else's party.
2. Design a Facebook invitation with an appropriately autumnal graphic and invite some friends.
3. Instruct Dear Husband to purchase a gallon of local cider. Leave town for a long weekend.
4. Drive home in pouring rain, arriving just in time to start the coals.
5. Discover that the grill has not been cleaned after the last time you used it.
6. Learn that you do not, in fact, have a bag of charcoal in the house, and that the drug store across the street would rather sell you Christmas decorations.
7. Start heating cider on the stove.
8. Clean the grill while DH plays spooky music on the piano and you wait for someone to show up.
9. Friends arrive with fresh pumpkin bread and adult conversation.
10. Cook marshmallows in the microwave to order, topping with dark Hershey's chocolate and Honeymade Graham crackers. Enjoy the tastes of autumn!
The blog has previous enjoyed apples and pumpkin as autumnal delights!