Wednesday, August 28, 2019

What Residency Looks Like LXIX: Rainbows


While I once mused that if medical school didn't work out, I wanted to become the art dealer for a hospital like the one who found all the beautiful local pieces for the children's hospital in Madison, WI, there is in fact quite a bit of art in my current hospital: the unit secretaries--we call them HUCs now, but I can't remember what that stands for ("hospital unit clerk"?)--outdo each other putting up creative displays. Some tout the number of days since the last patient fall, others the wonders of hand hygiene. Some have blank shapes on which to write anonymous kudos to a coworker, while others record everyone's birthday. I assume there are blog posts or catalogues or something sharing ideas and materials, but that's okay--there's still great to look at. This month I am treated to this bulletin board everytime I walk on or off my current hospital unit: "Be a RAINBOW in someone's cloud."

Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...