Saturday, March 14, 2020

Lentils: They're what's for dinner!

"I know you want takeout, but we have lentils at home"

Good friend JGD. shared this recipe on Facebook, and it sounded so good that I went out of my way to pick up coconut milk to have on hand to make it. There is little active cook time over the stove, but the chopping and measuring took almost as long as the simmering. Although I usually take recipe directions with a grain of salt--i.e. as suggestions rather than instructions--I was able to follow this recipe to the letter (except for the garam masala), because the author cooks more or less like I do!


This is 2 cups of lentils and 1/2 can of coconut milk, with 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 package of frozen spinach. Too bad the soup used up some of the spices (ginger, cloves) and all of frozen spinach. Now I have to figure out what to do with the other 1/2 can of coconut milk--maybe freelance some more. After all, we've got all kinds of beans in the cupboard, and plenty of other spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...