Saturday, March 20, 2021

May Your Home Smell As Good As...

...a scented candle in the bathroom after a nice long soak in the tub with a book and bath salts from a friend.

Or as good as this cinnamon apple pecan walnut sweetbread I made. Here is the recipe. It almost wasn't sweet, as just before combining the wet and dry ingredients together, I realized I had nearly forgotten to add any sugar, because I was distracted by a comedy sketch by Australian actor Hannah Gadsby. I didn't remember opening the sugar container, and a wet fingertip of mixed dry ingredients only tasted like flour. Therefore, I deduced that I had skipped a step, added the sugar, and proceeded. 


The house smelled SO GOOD while this baked. It was nice to come in from picking up a plastic bag's worth of trash from along the major road that runs in front of our current rental to the wafting scents of cinnamon, Granny Smith apples, and sugar. However, I did find the batter dry. The apple chunks largely fell to the bottom, and much of the nut crust fell off the top. Next time I would cut those back from 1 cup each to 3/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...