Tuesday, November 7, 2023

I made that!

I've been a busy bee and want to share some of my "honey." 

First up is a special issue of a German-studies journal that I co-edited with a colleague at another institution. Neither of us had edited anything before, so we figured out together how to write a call for papers, publicize it, sift through the abstracts, and select a group of papers to shepherd through the writing, editing, and publication process. The two of us wrote the introduction and selected artistic images for the cover and between the essays, which is why I was disappointed not to receive the finished product initially. Finally, after the annual meeting, I reached out to the press, and they mailed us our paper-back copies. It's so pretty! And now that it's done, I can devote my precious writing time to turning my dissertation into a book.

Second is a trio of balsa-wood nightlights that were an impulse buy at the craft store. I picked out the moth, the brain, and the ribcage with flowers. They are colored with paint pens, and I haven't decided yet whether to keep, gift, or donate them.



Third, I finally finished the second copy of the Princess Bride cross-stitch sampler I was working on. I received the first copy for Christmas last year, but it was missing some of the thread, so the Etsy seller sent me a whole new kit, which had enough supplies to finish both. This one is on the side table in the entranceway but will probably eventually be hung in my office. A woman at church made the knitted cactus, which I just love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...