Monday, March 17, 2014

Frau Doktor, PhD

It is with great joy that I announce that I have successfully defended my dissertation! You can now call me Frau Doktor. Here are some pictures from the big event:


The proud committee. We've come a long way together since I entered graduate school a decade ago. These professors have been the most important in my history education. They have also become friends.


The tradition is to go out drinking after one's defense, but I've never been much of a drinker--and besides, I wouldn't set foot in a bar on St. Patrick's Day. We had frozen custard cake and sundaes from the favorite local shop. I had hoped to "hold court" on their picnic tables outside, but the weather was not cooperating, so we moved the party to the med school.


The guests were so sweet: they sang "For she's a jolly good doctor" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...