Tuesday, July 8, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow? 1 of 3

Here's a photo essay about the gardens in our backyard. When we bought our house back in 2008, the beds consisted of rocks, weeds, plastic sheeting, and some dead bush stumps. The next summer, we pulled everything up and traded the rocks for some hosta plants from friends from church. Another one gave us some lilies, and I bought some ground cover plants. There was just onnnne bed in the corner we never got around to, so after doing absolutely no gardening last summer while I prepared to pre-defend my dissertation, I vowed that this was the summer I would clear out that bed and transplant some of the large leafy hostas that had proliferated so amazingly.






That was then, this is now.




Here is the lilac bush I put in behind the (freshly painted) garage. It may be next summer before I find the strength and time to clear out the weeds in these beds--just in time to put the house on the market to sell when we move to my residency.

For the second installment, click here. For the third installment, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...