Sunday, June 23, 2019

What Residency Looks Like XLIV: DANGER DANGER

Long-time blog-readers may be familiar with my obsession with toilet and bathroom technology. So of course I snapped a picture of this sign next to a commode at the hospital where I was moonlighting.

"DO NOT PUT HAND IN TOILET!"

I could see the utility of posting such a warning in the janitor's closet, but why did they feel the need to tell the average toilet-user not to put their hand(s) in the toilet? Are toilet-induced hand injuries that common? If so, why have I never seen one in either the pediatric or the adult emergency room? The fact that somebody thought a sign was necessary suggests that these flesh-eating toilets are capable of inflicting the kind of the damage that would require an emergency room visit, rather than the kind that you swig a little alcohol, wrap in some gauze, and hope looks better in the morning.

Anyway, in case it needs to be said, keep your appendages out of the bathroom fixtures.


Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...