Friday, December 17, 2021

Home Sweet Office, aka office makeover part II

When I finally got my own desk at work, I was so excited to personalize the space (part I). There were just a few finishing touches I wanted. Workmen kindly retrieved the junk that had fallen between the desk and the wall, pushed the desk back 4-6 inches (it really does make the space look bigger), took down the bulky wooden file holder, repainted the wall, and hung my graduation art ("Oh, the places I've been").

I found some like-new battery-operated fairy lights on Facebook Marketplace to hang in the fake tree.

And for Christmas this year, My Awesome Parents purchased me a blue gamer chair to go in the corner. Basically a rocking cushion, it's been a hit with my colleagues as well as students and residents. I use it on long days when I'm tired of sitting in my office chair and can accomplish tasks on my laptop.

On the left is as close as I've got to a "before" picture, as I neglected to take one before the workers came to remove the file holder. And on the right is the "after"!


Here are close-ups of the gold-flecked green glass finial my SIL got me for Christmas; I hung it in the branches like a rare piece of fruit. It's a beautiful piece of art from the Pittsburgh Glass Center, and I love it!


Looking pretty festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...