Wednesday, December 7, 2022

No Room at the Inn


We had such a delightful time brunching at The Inn on Negley last December, that I decided to make us reservations again this year. Maybe I also wanted to test the theory that one of the reasons we have such fond memories of that trip is because it was only the second time we had eaten in public since the pandemic began (the first being an early Monday evening reservation at The Grand Concourse to celebrate our birthdays in July).


Reader, it was everything we needed/wanted it to be the second time around. The food was delicious, the teas were interesting, the décor was festively fancy, the mood music was jazzy, and the company was the best. 



I think the waitress was new, but we nabbed an abandoned, several-days-old newspaper from a nearby table with which to amuse ourselves, and that was part of the treat, since we get all of our news online or via the radio these days. He read the main section, and I took the one on arts and culture.



The meal started with fruit cups, mini-breads, and juice. Just like last year, Dear Husband ordered the sweet entrée (French toast), and I had the savory (cheesy eggs baked with artichoke hearts). I did notice that his loose-leaf White Christmas tea was bitter from steeping by the time I tried it, while my Gingerbread Festival tea bag could be removed once it was as strong as I liked it. We took our eggnog cheesecake bites to go, since we were as stuffed as the parlor armchairs! Gives a whole new meaning to "no room at the inn"...


Merry Christmas to you and yours!
What are you doing to treat yourself this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...