Monday, June 22, 2015

Nutrition Myths: Past & Present

I had the great honor and pleasure of delivering the June Internal Medicine Grand Rounds lecture. It has two parts. First, I introduce the history of medicine as a discipline and make an argument for why I did not waste eight years of my life pursuing a PhD in history. Then, I use short vignettes from the development of modern nutrition in Germany around World War I to explain three contemporary myths drawn from the longer list set forth in the “Nutrition Myths and Healthy DietaryAdvice in Clinical Practice.” One theme is the observation that one generation’s scientific fact is often the next generation’s scientific myth. For those of you who missed it, here is a slightly expanded version.







(Turn up your speakers to hear me better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...