Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What Residency Looks Like XIX: Sweet Moments


Sometimes residency looks like an ice cream sundae made with whatever ice cream hasn't melted by the time you arrive to the good-bye party after long call and sign out. It's been a busy three days, what with a new team on Monday morning, outpatient clinic Monday afternoon, >1 hour of note writing Monday evening, and two long, busy days in the short-stay unit at the children's hospital complicated by snow delays and personal crises affecting team members. Tuesday I needed help, waited too long to ask for it, and felt like I needed a drink by the time I got home. Wednesday I asked for help early, got it, and felt like celebrating when I got off.

Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...