Monday, January 6, 2014

Nanook of the North, Part I


Me, at the door of the music room: "Hon, could you help with me something quickly, please?"

Dear Husband appraises me, all bundled up, with a stricken look on his face. "...I'm afraid the coroner doesn't make house calls."

I had declared my intentions earlier of attempting to turn hot water into snow like "the world's most Canadian couple" did in Manitoba in -45 degrees (not including windchill). Things have come to a literal standstill around here what with the snow, wind, and arctic cold. This morning the air temperature was -11 with a windchill of -40, so I heated some water in the microwave and put on multiple layers. We did a test run out the kitchen door before I opened it further against a drift and squeezed out.

"It's snow-ing!"

But I honestly couldn't tell how cold it was outside, since I'd started sweating from wearing all those layers inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...