Friday, November 18, 2016

What Internship Looks Like XIX: Hospital Vistas 1


One month, the view from my team workroom included both the University of Pittsburgh's Cathedral of Learning (left) and the top of one of the hospital buildings (right). I thought of them as fraternal-twin ziggurats of education and healing. I liked watching the sun rise over them every morning while I worked on my computer. Farther left was the helipad on top of a connected hospital building; we could see the helicopters taking off and landing. They were a reminder that someone was having a much worse day than I was, so I always said a prayer when I heard them (the same one I say for police cars and fire trucks): "God speed, God bless, and good luck."

Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...