Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Quarantine Cooking #2


When I realized the chunky onion above was still sitting in the vegetable drawer after another round of grocery shopping, I decided to make one of Dear Husband's favorite restaurant dishes, French Onion Soup. I used a simple recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. The flavor was strong, but the consistency was rather thin, probably because it did not require a roux. Served with garlic bread and Greek salad.


Later I made this barley Greek salad while listening to a Department of Medicine COVID update that ran for 1 hour and 20 minutes, in no small part because of a lengthy description of the lottery for patients to receive remdesivir...which had closed the day before due to the institution having run out of its government-assigned allotment of the drug, which henceforth will have to be purchased from Gilead for $too-much-money. It's served with pan-fried salmon dressed with dill and with some of the last watermelon DH could find in the store.

Editor's Note: Click here for more menu ideas as Quarantine Cooking #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...