Thursday, August 6, 2020

Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary!

Today Dear Husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. This year there was no trip, no theater performance, not even a fancy dinner from our favorite restaurant, Altius, which is not even offering take-out right now (thanks, COVID). We did the best we could to celebrate together anyway: DH wore a button-down shirt to pick up salad, steak, and scallops from Paris 66 Bistro; and I set the table with our best china. He picked out smooth tunes from Dave Brubeck, while I dialed up "restaurant background noise" on YouTube. He lit our unity candle, while I pulled out our wedding photo album.


The food was as good as could be expected for having been cooked and brought home. The company was the best! We enjoyed looking through the photos; too bad the honeymoon album is still in a box somewhere. We even danced in the dining room while waiting for the ice cream cake to soften enough to cut. We ate it off the hand-painted plates I purchased on sale in Meissen, which I only just realized depict the Chinese Zodiac. Although we are a Pig and a Dog, we somehow ended up with a Monkey and a Rat. Oh well. I'm still hoping we can take a second honeymoon to the Greek isles...maybe next year. 

Thank you to everyone who helped two "kids" have a special wedding 15 years ago. Many couples aren't so lucky this year, but hopefully they will find truth in the adage that a wedding is only the first day of the rest of your lives together. Oh, the adventures we're having:

"I, Frau Doktor Doctor, take you, Dear Husband, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to journey with you wherever life’s adventures may take us, for as long as we both shall live."

2 comments:

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...