Thursday, June 1, 2023

May I Remember, 2023 edition

I've been having too much fun to make time for blogging, so here's a photo essay to share the highlights from May 2023.


In March, Dear Husband got a new job as the music director and organist at Sewickley Presbyterian Church. In May, he produced a beautiful service with choir and orchestra called "Word Sung." You can watch the whole performance here, and his sermonette explaining everything here. (Think of it like spoken liner notes--it's really good.)


Our second spring in this house, we are still enjoying the garden, and even adding a little to it, mostly native plants, but hopefully also some raspberries, if the dryness doesn't kill them.


For Memorial Weekend, DH drove to his family in Ohio, and I went to mine in Maryland.


We celebrated my father's birthday / retirement at a brewery that used a butterfly for its logo.



I got my brother a new boardgame for his birthday: Trekking the National Parks. Reminds me a little of Ticket to Ride but with some of its own twists. Easy to learn, hard to master.


And we got a whole big group of us to attend a Baltimore Orioles game (they won!). The best part was that I managed to score seats with old family friends, and one of us got a baseball. It was hot, so I treated myself to Rita's chocolate Italian ice topped with the orange and vanilla custard swirl = Orioles gelato.


When it got back it was time to write a grant proposal for external funding, and then I attended a pediatric clinician-educator symposium over at the children's hospital, where I gave one of three podium research talks (and won the award for best presentation). I also took a lot of notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...