Saturday, February 11, 2017

What Internship Looks Like XXIX: Saturday Morning Cereal


Night team at the children's hospital decided this week's Friday potluck would be childhood favorites. We had mac n cheese, apple pie, popcorn, and all the junk food our parents wouldn't let us eat: Fruit Roll Ups, Gushers, Jello jigglers, Juicy Juices, Lil Debbie cakes, and store-bought cupcakes. At the end of a long shift, I enjoyed my bowl of Fruit Loops more than I thought I would, especially considering that I didn't particularly like them as a kid. (Dear Husband didn't mind that I brought home the leftovers, as he sometimes gets through the month of February with kids' cereal.) The only thing missing was Saturday morning cartoons. For laughs, night team watched _Twilight_ instead.

Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...