Thursday, February 2, 2017

What Internship Looks Like XXVII: Bathrooms, Take 3

Occasionally internship looks like the inside of a bathroom: At last! a chance to get off my feet, not have to field questions I can't answer, and check Facebook.

Longtime readers of this blog know that I have a minor fascination with technology (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C). Exhibit D: This is a photograph of the lock mechanism from the inside of the folding wooden door of the tiny, not-ADA-compliant closet of a bathroom in the staff locker room of the women's hospital. Rather than locking the door by fastening it to the door frame, the metal bar on the top swivels around the pivot and prevents the door from folding inward to open. The vertical metal bar at the bottom is the handle for pulling open the door once it has been unlocked.

For other posts about the weird and wonderful hospital bathroom technologies I have encountered see here and here.



Older

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...