Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Let the sun shine!

Dear Husband in particular is mourning the loss of the ability to travel due to COVID-19. For many years we were unable to leave town during the short gray days between New Year's and Easter. He rejoiced when we were able to fly to Tampa two years in a row and to Los Angeles right before the pandemic hit. The weather was a little warmer, we could see friends and family, and there were 300% more palm trees.

We aren't going anywhere this spring. I am about to get my second COVID-19 vaccine shot, but we haven't even begin to think about when DH will be allowed to get his. When he wondered what we could do to brighten up the study, I took my cue from our across-the-street neighbors to make translucent window art out of waxed paper, tissue paper, electrical tape, and watered down Elmer's glue.


Measuring and cutting the waxed paper


I free-handed the design while DH tore up the tissue paper


It took two trips to the Walgreens to get liquid glue (not glue sticks). I wasn't going to sacrifice my basting brush for gluing, but it turns out the back of a plastic spoon works just as well.


Finished product, waiting to dry


Let the sun shine!


Our next project is to acquire some different colors of tissue paper and make a seashell-themed pane for the bottom window

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...