Tuesday, February 9, 2016

What is the Opposite of Nostalgia?

As graduation and moving approach, I am trying to divest myself of old paper journals, unloved knickknacks, and the detritus of sixteen years of college, graduate, and medical school. Next to my desk I found a thick stack of lined index cards, a handwritten bibliography of figures from German medical history that I compiled from microfiche (microfiche!) about a decade ago, before my first laptop, before the Deutsche Biografie went online, and before the Sächsische Biografie was compiled. Reliant as I am on my computer's search function, I have no nostalgia for the way I would have written my dissertation in the pre-internet age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments let me know that I am not just releasing these thoughts into the Ether...